Today I received a request for the pose-able mannequins I made a month or so back.
I will be linking two versions. One is for 3DsMax 2013. The other is for 3DsMax 2010, which should work with 2010 and all newer versions, though I can’t tell you if the rig is completely intact.
Please note that these figures are stylized and represent two specific body-types, so make changes to your drawings accordingly, kay? :)
Please use these as DRAWING REFERENCE ONLY. Do not redistribute; link back to me instead, please. It would be nice, but not required if you sent some sort of credit my way on pieces you’ve referenced from these guys on.
Everything is labelled, so it should be pretty self explanatory. But here is some info on a few of the controllers:
- Outer hip controller (Pelvis_Master) is for moving the pelvis up and down and side to side.
- Inner hip controller (Rotation) is for rotating the pelvis (achieving contrapasto and hip….thrust?).
- Blue and Green target-looking controllers at knees and elbows control the direction the respective joint is pointed.
- Arms and Legs are IK only. To create the bend you want, move the hand control (3-ring orb) or foot control (large target) until you are satisfied (fidgeting with the elbow/knee controls may be necessary).
- CTRL_Heel allows foot to rock back onto heel.
- CTRL_Wiggle wiggles the toe block by itself.
- CTRL_Roll rolls the foot up while keeping the toe block in place.
- CTRL_Toe essentially brings the foot en pointe.
You can always send me an ask if some part of the rig just completely baffles you, and I’ll do my best to explain.